"RECORDING"

"RECORDING"
"SHAMANS DROPPING COSMIC THOUGHTS"

Thursday, April 14, 2011

TASTE NATER: PSYCHOTOMY AND MK ULTRA



TASTE NATER COMES WITH A WITTY UPFRONT VOCAL PRESENCE THAT SOARS FAR ABOVE THE AVERAGE M.C...
WORDPLAY IS THE THE MAIN INGREDIENT IN THE EVER EVOLVING ARTIST'S REPERTOIRE. FROM THE BAY AREA TASTE NATER TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW PROJECTS, INCLUDING "PSYCHOTOMY" AND THE RELEASE OF "MK ULTRA" (WITH DJ MINDCONTROL)

JP: So tell us what's up with your new releases and what you've been up to...?

Taste: Just released a mixtape called Psychotomy, got an EP with Kurent Flow TBA and the electro MASH UP with STEMS of WISDOM.

JP: What is Psychotomy?

Taste: It’s an equation that I came up with. Your Psychology + the Dichotomy of Life = Psychotomy. My Pschotomy with hip-hop has allowed me to free myself from a lot of stress from trauma, loss of loved ones and enables me to look at life with optimism, even though we are at battle with ourselves everyday (LIFE).

JP: Yeah, I'm digging that Post Traumatic track. How long did this album take you, what was your process? I noticed it was dedicated to your little brother.

Taste: To be honest I never intended on releasing this. Many of this tracks I recorded when I moved back to San Francisco from a two year stay in Hell A. Most of them are really personal, so I never expected anyone to follow it. Post Traumatic is unlike any other track that I’ve made because I am really addressing real events from my life. I tend to be more abstract with my music, because I like to make people search for the substance rather than lay it all out for you. I don’t really like to exploit my family, especially my younger siblings, so any of you that want to know why I dedicated it to my little brother listen to the track Post Traumatic.

JP: Dope track, definitely feeling the content and the emotion. Who else is on here artist-wise?

Taste: It’s all me, the only features are you of course and my best friend Geordie La Forge, I have known this cat since 6th grade and he has a lot to say.

JP: Yeah that whole mash-up style you cats [Stems of Wisdom] do is classic... Will be excited to hear that long awaited release. So MK Ultra is something you and I have been working on for some time... What was your meaning and drive for this album?

Taste: Again I don’t wanna put anyone’s name out there, but this the kind of stuff we talk about and read about. And you and Slim openly talk about on your show. There are so many questions that we ask this universe and one of them is why are we being manipulated by the media, our peers, and our government? The reason is Mind Control. This album is me doing what I do best, spitting knowledge in poetry form, we also have a great line up of MC’s that have real things to talk about. The homie Kurent Flow, Inseyet, Prizm, and T-Dubb.

JP: Yeah, I'm really pleased with the turnout of this album and its direction. I had 30 tracks that I flipped through to get this end result, and a lot turned out to be with you because of that drive you have to get into these concepts and what I was feeling as well through my research... Thanks for the in depth-insight, what can we see down the road for Taste Nater?

Taste: No doubt. I have been praying for some help with organization and possibly
management. I don’t want to be known as a track artist. I feel that I can perform better than I can record, so that’s where my focus needs to turn. I also want to help some of my folks with their production. I have been making this Cake Mix with Tone Gladys and DJ Behold for our radio show [Yellow Cake Radio]. I also want to assist Tone and Swoll Cat with solo projects. And I can’t forget to grind hard on features with Team Shells; your whole ensemble inspires me to keep doing this. I swear I get more love from people outside of the Bay Area, because music is Universal.







HERE IS THE INTERVIEW FEATURING "TASTE NATER" & " DJ MINDCONTROL" FOR THE RELEASE OF MK ULTRA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment